Are you having trouble getting your kid the educational help you need during the pandemic? Maybe I can help.
I teach and coach writing of all kinds, including essay writing, fiction, and poetry.
I also teach grammar and languages (most often Russian and beginning Latin).
As a parent with 14 years of experience in homeschooling, I can also coach parents through figuring out how to design a program to the needs and interests of their kids.
These are some of the topics I teach:
- Poetry. If I’m leading a workshops, we’ll listen closely to each other’s work, appreciate what’s working, sense the inner rhythms of the poem, and offer respectful suggestions on how to make it work better.
- Fiction. Fiction workshops include workshops on character development using tools you’d never expect to see in a writing workshop; plot development; NaNoWriMo preparation, and editing.
- Essay writing. I teach organization, flow, and the art of the seamless segue.
- Editing. I’ve been working as an editor for decades, and can share tricks of the trade with you.
- I like to teach grammar by looking at as many languages as we can muster. Grammar makes more sense when we look at it in the context of real sentences and compare the different ways that various languages convey the same meaning. We’ll diagram the same sentence using two different systems and whatever languages make sense for our group.
- Languages. I have experience teaching Russian, Latin, and Hebrew.
- Coaching. Do you need help and encouragement to finish your dissertation or other opus magnum? Get in touch!
Fill this out to contact me: